For those of you who never attended a
tweetup before sometimes its like a “shock and aww” in person meetup when you come face to face with people who you have online had conversations with and only know them by their avatar. You may call people by their twitter name and not their real life name if they use an alias. But more than likely you’ll have some of the best in person conversations you had in a long time due to the online relationship you have developed with your twitter friend already.
Photo credit: glowbird
Still when you attend a tweetup and meet a fellow twitter friend who you have never met before a few things may surprise you either at first, during or after you leave. Here’s a list of 10 things that may surprise you at a tweetup.
- The person looks nothing like their avatar
- You might find out that it’s best you just have an online conversation only.
- You find out that you’re neighbors or live close near each other (true story)
- You might find your next boyfriend or girlfriend (you’ll be like they’re hot in real life)
- You found your new BFF & drinking buddy
- You may find your next business partner
- You may find your next client
- You may find out that the person is nothing like they tweet online
- You’ll learn new ways to use twitter and new apps
- You may have the time of your life and your online/offline relationship with your twitter friend will grow.
Photo Credit: John Rees
If you have attended a tweetup before what impression did you leave with or what surprised you about the tweeple you met for the first time?